For many seniors and their families, the worry that senior living communities lack active social scenes to keep adult seniors engaged can keep them from discovering the many benefits of residential communities. A fear of social isolation or lack of community support delays them from experiencing vibrant residential communities. At Buckner Retirement Services, we tailor programs to each resident’s needs. Each of our communities has enriching resident programs to keep our community engaged. With recreational programs from Longview to San Angelo, TX, Buckner is here to keep the seniors in your life active and entertained.
If you or a loved one are looking for senior living, call Buckner today. With six communities across Texas, Buckner has the vibrant community you need. Reach us now at 855.952.5640 for more information on our resident programs
The Importance of Recreational Programs for Seniors
It’s never too late to invest time in a new passion. Whether it’s writing your first novel, connecting with others on a mission trip, or attending the symphony, an active social life is essential at any age. Recreational programs are one of the most valuable aspects of senior living. Staying engaged with a balance of support and independence helps many seniors remain vibrant. Recreational activities like clubs, trips, and hobbies can help prevent dementia, isolation, and loneliness.
Recreational Activities for Seniors
Buckner’s luxury communities love our residents’ programs. Our faith-based communities know that social connection is essential at every phase of life. That’s why each of our communities across Texas focuses on active and healthy social lives. Studies show that maintaining social connections, engaging in activities like reading, music, and other arts, and building new friendships can reduce the risk of dementia. Clients at Buckner enjoy:
- Educational programs: Ranging from connections with local colleges to ministry trips, residents at Buckner have the opportunity to pursue lifelong dreams with community support.
- Arts and Crafts: It’s never too late to take up new hobbies. Our art and craft classes can help residents express themselves, improve dexterity, and fall in love with new artistic practices.
- Clubs and Committees: There’s never a better time to join one of our communities’ clubs or committees to stay engaged and foster friendships with other residents.
- Outings: Don’t worry about transportation; Buckner helps residents get where they’re going with weekly and monthly community outings.
- Spa: Relax and connect with others at our luxury spa.
- Library: Residents can never have too many books. The libraries at Buckner communities keep residents engaged with new reads.
- Exercise programs: Whether it’s a walking club or water aerobics, group fitness keeps residents moving and connecting.
Recreational Programs at Buckner Westminster Place in Longview, Texas
Buckner Retirement Services helps seniors stay connected and find their passions late in life. Our faith-based communities prioritize connection, independence, purpose, security, and service. Our six communities provide residents with safe, lively, and inspiring recreational programs.
Our Longview program at Westminster Place helps residents connect and thrive. Happy neighbors build joyful communities.
Learn More About Buckner Retirement Services Recreational Programs Today!
Are you and your loved ones ready to learn more about life at Buckner? Call us now to learn more about our communities and their special features. Our six communities include:
- Austin’s Buckner Villas
- Beaumont’s Calder Woods
- Dallas’ Ventana
- Houston’s Parkway Place
- Longview’s Westminster Place
- San Angelo’s Baptist Retirement Community
Each faith-based community makes luxury senior living accessible and safe. Each community has a range of living options, including:
- Independent living
- Assisted living
- Memory care
- Long-term skilled nursing care
- Respite care
Imagine a senior adult community that inspires you every day. Residents in Buckner communities encourage each other to pursue their passions, hobbies, health, and wellness. Learn more about a different kind of senior living. Call us today at 855.952.5640 to find the right Buckner community for you.