Caregivers and families of seniors typically make every effort they can to keep their loved ones home for as long as possible. At some point, however, there often comes a time when seeking help from a professional long-term care facility becomes necessary. At Westminster Place, we know this is a challenging and emotional time for all involved, and we are here to support you and your loved one each step of the way.
Rated as one of the best senior living facilities in Longview, Texas, Westminster Place is a faith-based nonprofit senior living community committed to providing you or your loved one with the highest quality of life while inspiring happiness. Reach out to us today to discover the benefits of long-term care at Westminster Place. Call 903.329.6520 to speak to our intake specialists and schedule your visit.
Recognizing the Need for Senior Long-Term Care
Navigating health care decisions later in life can be challenging and stressful. Because everyone ages differently, there are no set timelines for when you, or an older parent or loved one, might need to move into senior long-term care. Sometimes the decision is made for you following a health crisis. However, when there has not been a crisis, the decision can be more complicated because of the emotional toll on all involved.
If you are questioning whether it is time to transition into long-term care, consider these signs:
- A recent hospitalization that results in the need for 24-hour care
- Chronic or worsening health problems
- Difficulty managing medications
- Problems completing activities of daily living (ADLs)
- Poor eating and hygiene skills
- Recent falls or new or worsening mobility issues
- Late-stage Alzheimer’s or dementia
Caregiver burnout is another common reason for turning to a senior long-term care facility. Millions of Americans find themselves in the role of caregiver for a spouse, parent, grandparent, or other loved one. Over time, caregivers may find themselves overwhelmed for numerous reasons, which is unhealthy for everyone.
What Are the Types of Senior Living Care at Westminster Place?
There are many options for long-term senior care. At Westminster Place, we offer:
- Independent living–Independent living gives you the chance to choose where and how you want to live your life. Without the hassle of regular home maintenance, you’re free to explore new passions and cultivate new friendships among a community that cares.
- Assisted living–Designed for seniors 62 and over who can maintain a high level of independence but require help with daily activities of living (ADLs).
- Memory care–Whether your loved one has received a diagnosis of Alzheimer’s disease or another form of dementia, Westminster Place is here to provide compassionate, affordable memory care for you or your loved one. Here, we believe each resident can live a meaningful life regardless of their cognitive ability.
- Long-term care–Our premiere long-term, 24-hour skilled nursing facility is The Cottages, which utilizes an innovative, person-centered approach to long-term care featuring a smaller staff-to-resident ratio. Here, residents are encouraged to participate in meal preparation, activity planning, and daily community life.
The Benefits of Long-Term Care for Elderly in Longview, Texas
The Cottages at Westminster Place offers highly personalized care for each resident. Each cottage houses only ten residents and is specially designed to provide high-quality, de-institutionalized skilled nursing care. Residents are encouraged to participate in meal preparation, activity planning, and daily community activities. Services and amenities include:
- Chaplin services and religious programming
- Personalized wellness programs
- Laundry and housekeeping services
- Physical, occupational, and speech therapy services
- Specialized dietician services
- 24-hour nursing staff
- Life enrichment coordinator
Across all of our programs, we operate by the Buckner Core Principles of:
Our care staff is committed to providing the best senior living care possible as part of their service to the greater good. Residents at The Cottages quickly come to view staff as a trusted part of their family as they engage in our innovative, person-centered care.
Contact Westminster Place for Senior Long-Term Care in Longview, TX
As a faith-based nonprofit senior long-term care facility, we don’t just care about what we do or how we do it, but why. The passionate staff at Westminster Place view their jobs as their calling to part of a greater mission. When your loved one needs long-term care, contact Westminster Place to discover what makes us different. Call 903.329.6520 to schedule your visit and learn more.