Retirement is not what it used to be. Seniors are leading more active lives and need the right senior living amenities that will benefit their golden years without forcing them to slow down or sacrifice their independence. They want the freedom of independent living while having access to resident programs that keep them busy with mental and physical activities throughout the day. You can enjoy doing the activities you love through our independent senior living amenities while exploring new hobbies and interests.
At Westminster Place in Longview, TX, we provide comfortable rooms and apartments for seniors of all activity levels. Our senior living amenities will provide everything you need and more to help you lead a rich and fulfilling retirement, all without having to worry about yard work, home maintenance, or driving to visit with friends.
To learn more about our senior living community amenities, call 855.952.5640 today to speak with our staff and schedule a tour to see all that Westminster Place offers.
What Senior Housing Amenities to Look For
Most people still see retirement homes as drab and dreary, where seniors are just sitting around waiting to die. Today’s senior living communities are nothing like that. They are vibrant, social, and have activity directors planning events and outings. Independent senior living amenities give seniors everything they will need for a comfortable living with opportunities to learn a new skill.
Some of the basic senior housing amenities that you should look for in a senior living community include:
- Housekeeping and laundry services
- Fitness and activity rooms
- Private apartments and rooms
- Recreational and educational programs
- Arts and crafts
- Planned outings
At Westminster Place, we offer senior living amenities for seniors of all activity levels, from independent living, assisted care, and long-term nursing care. We will work with you to understand your needs and provide you with the right living arrangements and senior living amenities so that you can enjoy your golden years in comfort.
Senior Living Community Amenities to Keep You Physically and Mentally Active
To help seniors lead a full and enriching retirement, senior living communities offer physical and mentally stimulating activities for all levels of activity. Residents can participate in the activities they enjoy while learning new interests and hobbies that pique their interests.
- Education opportunities – Residents can participate in a number of educational classes from computer classes, music lessons, gardening, and more. Learning a new skill or hobby is a great way to avoid common age-related memory loss and cognitive decline.
- Nutrition counseling – Eating a healthy diet is essential for your health as you get older. Your digestive system slows down as you age and may require changes in your diet to maintain your health. Nutrition counseling teaches residents about healthy eating and includes cooking demonstrations for seniors who enjoy cooking for themselves.
- Recreation activities – Keeping your body active is important to keep joints from stiffening and other physical aches and pains. Independent senior living amenities include exercise programs such as weight lifting, yoga, and other exercise programs to keep residents active.
Discover Independent Senior Living Amenities in Longview, TX, at Westminster Place
At Westminster Place in Longview, TX, our senior living amenities give our residents everything they would expect from a senior living community and much more. Whether you are fully independent or need assisted care or long-term care, we will provide you with all of the senior housing amenities you need to be comfortable and keep you mentally and physically active.
Just some of our senior living amenities include:
- Housekeeping and laundry services
- Arts and crafts days
- Cooking classes and demonstrations
- Social activities like happy hour and ice cream socials
- Card games and bingo night
- Courses on art, history, gardening, and more
Our communities are also pet-friendly for seniors with dogs or cats.
Call 855.952.5640 today to schedule a tour and speak with our friendly and knowledgeable staff for more information about our senior living amenities.