Retirement is all about living life to the fullest. When you have reached that point in your life, you want to know that you have options when it comes to selecting a senior living community. It’s important to look at your retirement needs and how they might change over the years. The benefits of assisted living services in a life care community can help you enjoy retirement and avoid unnecessary stress as your needs change over time.
Your golden years shouldn’t be filled with hassle, and at Westminster Place, you get everything you need for a maintenance-free lifestyle, as well as extracurricular programming, beautiful apartments, and all the care services you need now and in the future. Give the Westminster Place team a call today at 903.329.6520 to learn more about your options for assisted living in Texas.
5 Benefits of Assisted Living
You’ve worked hard your entire life. Retirement is your time to enjoy life and have others do the heavy lifting. The benefits of assisted living are many. From the freedom of low-maintenance living to healthcare amenities available when you need them, an assisted living community brings comfort and convenience to you.
Some of the benefits of assisted living include:
- Community – Live out your days among peers who have similar interests and are in the same stage of life in a place designed specifically for senior living.
- Built-in social calendar – This includes everything from fitness activities to trips to local theater, book clubs, creative classes, and more.
- Transportation – Don’t drive? No problem, just utilize shuttles designed specifically to take you to local events or run errands.
- Care services – If your health status changes, the caring staff at an assisted living community can adjust your care based on your needs.
- Home maintenance – No longer worry about mowing the lawn, washing the windows, shoveling the walk, or doing at-home repairs.
Assisted living communities also offer peace of mind for both residents and their families. With trained staff available 24/7, residents can feel secure knowing that help is always just a call away in case of emergencies.
Why Retire in Texas?
Texas is a popular retirement destination for many reasons. With a warm climate, diverse landscape, and affordable cost of living, it’s no wonder that retirees are flocking to the Lone Star State. Here are some of the top reasons why you should consider retiring in Texas:
- Weather – Texas is known for its sunny and warm weather throughout most of the year, making it an ideal location for outdoor activities and events.
- Close to home – You can stay close to your family and friends in Texas or nearby states.
- Affordable housing – The cost of living in Texas is lower than in many other states, which also influences the cost of retirement communities.
Retiring in Texas also gives you access to a broad range of independent and assisted living communities to choose from. No matter your preferences, there is a retirement community in Texas that can cater to your needs and help you enjoy all that this great state has to offer during your golden years.
Assisted Living in Texas
Your retirement should be enjoyable no matter what stage of living you are in. It’s quite common for those who are looking to retire to sell their home and move into a senior living community, like assisted living. Many seniors enjoy the safety and security of a retirement community like this and the social and healthcare aspects. Assisted living at retirement communities in Texas, like Westminster Place, includes many high-quality and luxury amenities, like:
- Private apartments
- Health care services from a full-time nursing staff
- Medication management
- Full dining plan and kitchenettes in apartments
- Community events
- Housekeeping and laundry services
- Television service and wireless internet connection
- Maintenance and repair services
- Social workers and faith-based staff
- Beauty salon and barbershop on-site
- Transportation available
As a life care community, Westminster Place allows you to stay in one place if your situation changes, reducing the stress of finding a new retirement community with more advanced care. As your needs change over time, we provide more advanced care in the comfort of your community so you can maintain your independence and continue living life to the fullest.
Senior Living Options at a Life Care Community
When you make the decision to move into assisted living in Texas, you should feel that you have made the best choice you can for your new life in retirement. It can be scary to go from fully independent living to requiring more assistance with daily life. Westminster Place’s licensed assisted living community is designed for seniors who require daily assistance but still want independence, freedom, and privacy.
Senior living options at Westminster Place include:
- Independent living
- Assisted living
- Memory care
- Long-term care
- Respite care
Caring and professional staff will work with you to create a very personalized care plan. We want you to be able to live out your life doing what you love in a place that you love. At Westminster Place, it is important to us that residents and their families are happy with the accommodations, assistance, and activities offered.
Call Westminster Place and Build a Plan for the Future
Westminster Place can answer any questions you have about your senior living options in Texas. We are ready to help you find the perfect home and community. Give us a call at 903.329.6520 or complete our online form today.