Starting your planning for retirement early can help ensure you have the resources to maintain your lifestyle in retirement. To better prepare for retirement, it is important to create a retirement plan that takes into account your short- and long-term goals. When you know what you’re looking for, you can find the right community for you, which may include an independent living option. Senior independent living has benefits that reach nearly every aspect of life, including health, security, and social opportunities.
Westminster Place offers independent living for seniors in our Longview, Texas, community. Our wide range of amenities and services make it easy for you to relax and enjoy life. Plus, our location in north Longview offers you convenient access to shopping centers and entertainment venues. Call 903.329.6520 to schedule a tour.
Signs a Retirement Community May Be a Good Fit
A shift to a retirement community may not be in your plans now. However, you may find that moving into a place where you have less to worry about could be beneficial. Some signs an independent living community might be a good move include:
- Maintenance concerns – If maintaining a home has become burdensome, a retirement community may offer relief. In these communities, chores such as lawn care and home repairs are handled by a dedicated staff.
- Social isolation – Should feelings of loneliness or isolation be experienced regularly, a retirement community can provide ample social interaction with peers.
- Healthcare needs – With advancing age, healthcare needs often increase. Retirement communities have access to healthcare services, which would be beneficial for those with chronic health conditions.
- Safety issues – If safety in the home environment is a concern, a retirement community can provide peace of mind with 24-hour security and emergency response systems.
You shouldn’t dread moving into a retirement community. There are several benefits of senior independent living that you can enjoy as you ease into retirement.
The Benefits of Independent Living
Below are some significant benefits associated with independent living communities:
- Maintenance-free living – Tasks such as housekeeping, landscaping, and repairs are taken care of by the community staff.
- Active lifestyle – A variety of activities and amenities, such as fitness centers, swimming pools, and hobby clubs, promote an active lifestyle.
- Social opportunities – Regularly scheduled events, outings, and communal dining options foster social interactions among residents.
- Safety and security – Round-the-clock security and emergency response systems ensure the safety of residents.
- Healthcare services – On-site healthcare services cater to the medical needs of the residents.
- Dining services – Meal plans often are included, saving residents from the chore of cooking and cleaning up.
- Transportation – Many communities provide transportation to shopping, appointments, and local attractions.
- Independence – Residents maintain their independence while having access to assistance when needed.
- Peace of mind – Knowing that future needs will be met gives residents and their families peace of mind.
- Community – Living among peers with similar interests promotes a sense of community and belonging.
One of the most significant senior independent living benefits is that it is often part of a life care community.
Independent Living as Part of a Life Care Retirement Community
Independent living is often the first step in what is known as a life care retirement community. These communities offer a spectrum of care, from independent living to assisted living to skilled nursing care. As the needs of a resident change, the level of care can also change. This allows residents to stay within one community throughout their retirement years, regardless of the care they may need in the future. It provides continuity of care and minimizes the stress of moving to a new community.
Westminster Place offers life care for our residents. As our residents’ needs change, so does their care—without the stress of finding a new place to live.
Call Today to Start Retirement at Westminster Place
Take the first step to securing your future and call 903.329.6520 today to schedule an appointment for a tour of Westminster Place. Our team will answer any questions you have about our community and show you why living in our retirement community is the best way to enjoy life after retirement.