Health concerns are a primary reason older adults begin to consider transitioning to senior living communities. Research on healthy aging continues to highlight the long-term benefits of healthy living habits, which become more critical as we age. Active seniors who embrace everyday wellness practices live longer than their non-active peers and experience better physical, mental, emotional, and spiritual well-being. Senior living communities like Westminster Place embrace health and wellness services as part of a holistic approach to senior care.
Westminster Place is part of Buckner Retirement Services, which has been providing high-quality senior living care in Texas since 1954. We recognize the value of good health and have designed our health and wellness services to be customizable to meet the divergent needs of our residents. Contact our team today to learn more about life at Westminster Place, including our health and wellness services. Use our secure online form or call 903.329.6520.
A Closer Look at Health and Wellness Benefits for Seniors
Health refers to your physical well-being and being free from disease, while wellness refers to the overall balance of your physical, spiritual, emotional, cognitive, social, and environmental well-being. With on-site amenities, activities, clubs, community organizations, and more, there is virtually no end to the opportunities to become involved in a healthy and enriching lifestyle that ensures overall well-being.
There are countless benefits to health and wellness services, but the top three include:
- They provide numerous health benefits – In addition to encouraging physical activity, senior health and wellness services provide cognitive stimulation, prevention, and education to keep you informed and encourage continued better health. All of this can reduce your overall medical and healthcare expenses.
- They offer a wide range of opportunities – Your retirement years are the ideal time to discover new passions and hobbies. The wide range of programs and activities available through health and wellness programs provide exposure to novel experiences.
- They create the opportunity to socialize – Isolation, depression, and loneliness are common among seniors and pose serious health risks. Health and wellness services create the opportunity to bring seniors to interact with peers, form relationships, and create memories.
Senior health and wellness services allow residents to take an active role in their health and well-being and encourage independence. Fitness and exercise programs can improve balance, strength, stability, and endurance, which are vital to maintaining your highest level of independence.
Health and Wellness Activities at Westminster Place
Our chaplain, life enrichment coordinator, events coordinator, and various health & fitness professionals are among the full-time staff at Westminster Place. Each plays a significant role in creating a robust calendar with many engaging and enriching activities and events. No matter which level of care you receive, every day presents the opportunity to enjoy your favorite activities or try something new. A sampling of health and wellness activities follows:
- Cooking classes and demonstrations
- Social hours, including happy hour and ice cream socials
- Art classes, including painting and art history
- Group outings and day trips
- Crafting classes such as jewelry making
- Recreational programs, like golf and swimming
- Exercise programs, such as water aerobics and strength training
Residents have ample opportunities to volunteer in various programs, participate in support groups, join organizations such as The Lion’s Club, become involved in the choir or Bible study, and enjoy critical services, including transportation, emergency services, and 24-hour access to staff.
Reach Out to Westminster Place for Health and Wellness Services
Whether you are ready to downsize and seek independent living or require long-term care, Westminster Place is here to provide high-quality, holistic care that supports your physical, mental, emotional, and spiritual well-being. From the start, our team takes the time to get to know you and understand your strengths, challenges, and goals. From there, we tailor a personalized care plan to meet your unique needs. We believe your senior years should be a time of health, wellness, and growth. Reach out to our team today to learn more about the benefits of health and wellness services. Call 903.329.6520 or use our online form.