At Westminster Place, long-term care is just one of the many options we offer senior residents in Texas. Our senior living options can accommodate all stages of senior living. Residents can enjoy convenient and flexible living in a community focused on providing you the care amenities you need to live out your life in a place you are proud to call home. When independent or assisted living is no longer an option, long-term care at Westminster Place can be just what you need. Give our team a call today to discuss the best options for you and your family.
Long-Term Care Options
Westminster Place offers a premier long-term care skilled nursing facility that provides around-the-clock care. There are certainly options when looking for long-term care in Texas, but when you come to Longview and see The Cottages at Westminster Place, you may not have to look any further. The Cottages offer whatever kind of care is needed, including medication management, physical therapy, occupational therapy, and speech therapy.
If you are a caregiver or family member of a senior, it may be hard for you to know their senior living needs. The fact is that some seniors will be independent for their entire life, while others may need a lot of care as they age.
How do you know if long-term care is needed?
- An injury that you or a loved one has sustained is making daily tasks difficult or impossible to do
- Assistance with daily living tasks is needed due to a severe illness
- You or a loved one are rehabilitating following major surgery, and help is needed with everyday tasks
- You or a loved one has had multiple falls
- Transportation assistance is needed
Long-Term Care Benefits
When looking for long-term care in Texas, be sure that the senior living facility that you choose offers 24/7 skilled nursing care and access to emergency care when needed. A staff that provides this critical medical care as well as providing friendship to residents and families is icing on the cake when you choose a senior living facility like Westminster Place.
Having access to services like this has many benefits, including :
- Keeping seniors social and engaged – instead of isolated while receiving critical healthcare – through activities with peers in the community.
- Fewer visits to the hospital because of all of the medical services (medication management, therapies, wound care, and more) seniors can receive in a long-term care skilled nursing facility.
- A better diet through guidance from on-staff dieticians and nutritionists versus being at home or in a hospital.
- Physical activities and therapies to meet your needs when you need them, like physical, occupational, and speech therapy.
Contact Westminster Place to Learn More About Long-Term Care
At Westminster Place, The Cottages are our newest long-term senior care offering. The Cottages have two separate buildings: the Neches Cottage and the Magnolia Cottage. This long-term care option has a smaller resident-to-staff ratio for more hands-on, personalized care. Like all of our senior living options, we give residents the opportunity to actively take part in their day-to-day needs and care, like preparing meals and planning activities.
When you think of a retirement home, you may not expect much, but Westminster Place is so much more than what you might imagine. We encourage you to visit our community to see for yourself all that we have to offer for long-term care and all of our senior living options. By offering a full continuum of care, families can have peace of mind that loved ones are well cared for in their golden years. The compassionate staff at Westminster Place strives to help support each and every resident’s overall health and well-being.
To learn more about long-term care services at Westminster Place, call 903.329.6520 today.