Caring for an aging parent can be a full-time job for some. Finding a living arrangement for your parents where they can live a great life and get the services they need may seem overwhelming, but it doesn’t need to be. If you are considering a senior living community for your parent or parents, Westminster Place can help answer any questions you have about senior living options and how we work. Give our team a call today at 855.952.5640.
Caring For Aging Parents
Even though you may not be caring for your parents directly anymore, there are still plenty of ways to support them and help them live their best life.
1. Let them be as independent as possible for as long as possible. This is where a senior living community can help you and your parents foster this independence.
2. If you are the primary caregiver, ensure you are not the only one who can provide care when needed. Have family members that can help and give yourself a break when needed. Senior living communities like Westminster Place offer Respite Care solutions so you and your parents can live their best lives.
3. Take your parents on vacation with you and include them in other family outings and gatherings. This can be as simple as a family dinner or elaborate as a Caribbean vacation; every moment matters.
4. Listen to what your parents want, instead of telling them what to do. If you’re going to help them live their best lives, their happiness will come from doing what they choose to do, not what is selected for them – their opinion matters.
5. Educate yourself on what to expect with aging parents. Know what your options are when it comes to the point that you cannot care for them by yourself any longer. Experts at a senior living community like Westminster Place can help.
Senior Living Amenities
Depending on what senior living community your parents decide to call home, they will have options for their living experience.
Westminster Place offers the following levels of senior living depending on a senior’s needs.
For the most active of seniors, independent living offers a community of peers and many amenities in a maintenance-free living environment.
Assisted living can help with medication management and other day-to-day needs when seniors require additional services to manage daily tasks.
For those living with dementia or Alzheimer’s disease, dedicated memory care facilities can ensure seniors struggling with memory issues have the quality of life and the support they need.
When rehab from an injury or surgery is needed, Westminster Place offers around-the-clock skilled nursing care.
For caregivers to be able to take a much-needed break, there are short-term stay solutions for your loved ones.
Westminster Place Offers Senior Living Options
For personalized senior living options in Longview, Texas, Westminster Place is here to help. The physical, emotional, and mental wellbeing of seniors is what our team is focused on each and every day. Our dedicated, professional, and compassionate staff is committed to ensuring your loved ones are living their best possible lives. You can have the peace of mind knowing that your parents are well taken care of, and they will be part of a community where residents consider each other to be friends and family.
Residents at Westminster Place enjoy:
- Luxury apartment-style living
- Local transportation
- A community full of unique programming
- Activities and outings
- Health and wellness services
- A culinary experience like no other
Give our caring and professional team a call today at 855.952.5640 to schedule a visit for you and your parents.