While you enjoy your retirement years, having plenty of things to occupy your time makes it even more enjoyable. A bonus is when you can have activities to take part in with family members when they visit you, especially grandchildren. Studies actually show that seniors who have an active social life live longer and happier lives overall. Finding a senior living community that encourages an active social life makes the move to a retirement community all the more worthwhile. Activities can range from a walk in the neighborhood to volunteering with a local charity together with your grandchildren.
When you are ready to explore the senior living options in Texas, call on the experts at Westminster Place at 855.952.5640.
Activities For Seniors and Their Grandchildren
- Games – break out the old board games, a deck of cards or try something new.
- Crafts – old costume jewelry, fabric, paints, you name it. Anything can be used to create your next masterpiece.
- Cooking or picnic – teach your grandchildren how to make a family recipe or have them help you pack up a picnic lunch to take outside.
- Dance party or karaoke – showcase your talents and maybe learn a few new tricks from the kids.
- Treasure hunt – make a map of your community and let the kids explore to find their treasure within the safe confines of your building and grounds.
Out & About
- Mini golf – putt-putt is an activity that any age or ability can enjoy.
- Pick flowers – this can be in your own garden or out at a local farm.
- Go for a walk – one of the easiest activities to do with others and get great exercise. It can even be just around your building.
- Movies – go out and see a classic film together or have the kids introduce you to something new at the theater.
- Library – if you don’t have a current library card, this is the perfect excuse to get one. Plus you can introduce your grandchildren to some of your favorite books when you were a kid.
- Volunteer together – giving back is a great thing to be able to do at any age. Teach them young.
Senior Living Activities and Amenities
Health and wellness is a top priority for any senior living community. The focus is both on those that are already very active and for those who may need extra motivation to participate in activities. Beyond the health benefits, seniors can choose activities to keep their minds and hands busy. They can engage in activities on their own, with friends, and with family. There is no shortage of things to do and life is never dull in a vibrant senior living community.
In addition to planned recreational activities on-site and in the nearby area, many senior living communities, like Westminster Place, offer:
- Educational programs
- Nutrition education and counseling
- Licensed nurse clinicians on staff
- Restaurant quality dining
- Spa services
- A well-stocked library
- Arts and crafts
- Accommodations for pets
- Housekeeping services
Westminster Place Offers Senior Living Options
At Westminster Place, our goal is to do everything we can to make your retirement years enjoyable and comfortable. Being able to spend time with and involve family members in your day to day life and on special occasions is a blessing. In addition to scheduled activities, the Westminster Place campus and surrounding area offers plenty of recreation to enjoy on your own or with grandchildren. Westminster Place offers a continuum of care in a picturesque community landscaped setting.
Our senior living options include:
- Independent living
- Assisted living
- Memory care
- Long-term care
- Respite care
Give our team a call today at 855.952.5640 or contact us online to learn more about what senior living at Westminster Place looks like.