When looking for senior living, you have choices. Senior living communities offer many options for your retirement living. Independent living and assisted living are two of the most common types of senior living options in retirement communities today. Both offer unique services and amenities and are complementary in a community that provides a continuum of care. You want the best quality of life for your loved one in their retirement years, so you need to pick retirement communities with senior living services in Texas to best suit everyone’s needs. The team at Westminster Place can help with defining what your retirement needs are and what the best fit is for you or a loved one deciding between independent living and assisted living.
This option is the most like living on your own, but with added benefits and amenities.
Independent living may be the right choice if:
- Your loved one is in good overall health and can manage daily activities on their own
- Your loved one no longer wants to maintain a home of their own
- Your loved one wants to live among seniors going through the same stage of life that they are
- Your loved one likes to participate in social activities with other seniors
- Your loved one can drive but would prefer not to have to
Independent living residents enjoy:
- Maintenance-free living: No more worrying about shoveling snow, raking leaves, mowing the lawn, or fixing a leaky faucet. All the small jobs and repairs you had to attend to as a homeowner are a thing of the past for residents of senior living communities. Residents enjoy this newfound freedom and convenience so that they can spend time enjoying their retirement.
- Safety and security: many seniors take comfort in a larger community of peers – in a secure facility – rather than being on their own. Residents and their families can have peace of mind knowing that they are safe and well-cared for 24/7 by a team of dedicated staff.
- Amenities, amenities, amenities: Having everything you need all in one place has its benefits. Seniors appreciate the ease of stepping out their door and having services at their disposal, activities to participate in, or outings to go on, when, and if they choose to.
When a senior is no longer able to live independently, then assisted living is the next step. It offers the same maintenance-free lifestyle of independent living but with additional health care amenities and assistance with daily tasks that may be needed. Plus, in many senior living communities, residents can transition from independent to assisted living within the same community.
An assisted living community may be ideal for your loved one if:
- They live an independent lifestyle but do not want the responsibility that comes with maintaining their own home
- They need a little assistance around the house with daily tasks or medication management and do not have the support to help them at home
- They would like to live among other seniors going through similar experiences
- They are no longer able to drive or are not comfortable driving
Assisted living offers:
- A community: a way to live out the golden years among peers with similar interests and in the same stage of life.
- Social interaction: community activities focus on everything from fitness to arts and crafts and book club to Broadway.
- Transportation services: local shuttles take residents to events in the area or run errands—no need to keep the cost and maintenance of your own vehicle.
- Added care services: a dedicated staff will help with daily tasks and medication management if needed. Care can be adjusted as the need arises.
Contact Westminster Place For Senior Living
Westminster Place offers multiple senior living options, all within the same community in Longview, Texas.
- Independent living
- Assisted living
- Memory care
- Long-term care with skilled nursing
- Respite care
No matter the senior living option you choose, the residents at Westminster Place can all take advantage of the benefits of maintenance-free living, including:
- Maintenance services
- Premium culinary experiences
- Transportation services
- Health and wellness services
- Regular outings and recreational activities
Give the Westminster Place team a call today at 903.329.6520 to learn more about our senior living options.